Motor Racing Legends Ltd (MRL) is committed to protecting your privacy and meeting the requirements of data protection legislation.
- what personal data we collect about you
- why we collect that personal data
- who we share your personal data with
- why we might contact you and how you can change that
- how long we retain your personal data for
- how we keep your personal data secure
- what rights you have in relation to your personal data.
Personal data collected by Motor Racing Legends Ltd
We hold the following personal information:
- Personal data that you provide to us. We store personal data you provide directly to us through race entry forms, enquiries about our racing and event activities and attendance at events.
- Personal data we collect about you. We store personal data that we collect about you when you use our services and physical and online facilities. These include things such as race entries history and financial transaction information.
Reasons for collecting that personal data
We collect and store personal data in order to provide you with racing-related services, such as attendance at our events, on the basis of performance of a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract.
We also have legitimate interests for processing your data which include:
- collecting and storing information about your preferences, likes and dislikes in order to provide a high level of customer service
- processing information in order to provide you with information about motor racing news and events
- processing information such as your preferences in order to send you tailored event details.
Where MRL is relying on its legitimate interests for using your data, it will conduct an assessment to ensure that this is proportionate and fair. We will process special categories of personal data as required, such as medical (including allergy) information in order to make special adjustments for the use of facilities at race meetings or other events, where you have chosen to make thisinformation known to us.
Who Motor Racing Legends shares your personal data with
MRL may share your personal data with the following types of organisations when required:
- printing firms within the UK, in order to provide printed documents necessary for our services or mailing houses within the UK, in order to post out information to you
- the providers of the IT systems used by MRL
- companies and organisations with which MRL is running events
MRL will only provide your personal information (such as name, address and contact information) to other organisations to facilitate the race entry process and race meeting attendance. We do not and will not share or sell your data with any third party organisations or partners for promotional activities.
Receiving communications from Motor Racing Legends and updating your preferences
Customers receive emails from MRL about race meetings, events and activities that we think may be of interest to them.
We may also send email communications to those whose personal details we have received through interest in or attendance at one of our events. We will only contact them with their consent and they can opt out of future communications at any time by contacting: email@example.com
Retention of personal data
MRL retains personal data for no longer than required in line with our retention schedule which is based on:
- operational requirements
- legislative requirements
Security of personal data MRL takes the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal data seriously and has implemented technical and organisational measures to ensure that your information is kept secure. Personal data and your rights Data protection legislation gives you the right to:
- correct any data we hold about you that is not correct (Rectification)
- request we delete data in some circumstances (Erasure)
- block or suppress the further processing of your personal data in certain circumstances (Restriction)
- request access to personal data that MRL holds about you (Subject Access)
- in some circumstances, receive the personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have this transmitted to another data controller (Data Portability)
- withdraw consent where this is the legal basis for MRL processing your information
- object to processing where MRL is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Woodbine Farm, Thorndon, Suffolk IP23 7JJ if you wish to exercise your rights in relation to personal data.
If you have concerns about the way we have handled your personal data please contact us in the first instance. If you remain unsatisfied you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on 0303 123 1113, by emailing email@example.com or by post at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.